Australian Rugby Development Centre
A world class sporting, education and community hub
The Sydney Cricket and Sports Ground Trust (SCGT), Australian Rugby Union (ARU) and the University of Technology Sydney (UTS), in partnership with the Australian Government and NSW State Government, are delivering the Australian Rugby Development Centre (ARDC), a world-class sporting, education and community hub at Moore Park.
In an Australian first the ARDC will bring together elite athletes, a high-performance training facility, sector-leading sports scientists, UTS students and the community within Australia’s leading sports and entertainment precinct.
Developed in line with the 2012 SCGT masterplan, the ARDC will include:
- Purpose-built UTS research and teaching laboratories for sport and exercise science and management courses
- A high performance facility for the Qantas Wallabies, Wallaroos, national Qantas Men’s and Women’s Sevens teams, junior development squads and Indigenous rugby
- A cafe which can be utilised by the community and visitors to the ARDC
- Facilities for the use of community groups and grassroots teams
- An indoor training hall and rooftop running track
The NSW State Government gave final approval for the development of the ARDC in May 2016. It will be constructed on SCGT land within the current members' car park facing Moore Park Road. The new building will be five and a half storeys high and will include basement parking.
Construction is planned to commence at the end of May and the ARDC will be completed in 2017. Normal construction hours will be Monday to Friday 7am-6pm and Saturday 8am-1pm. There will be no work on Sundays or public holidays.
During construction there will be some noise, dust, truck movement and vibration. Every effort will be made to minimise impacts and this website will be regularly updated to keep the community informed about upcoming activities.
For more information about the project:
Call: 1800 791 196 (during business hours)
Write: ARDC c/o GPO Box 150, Sydney NSW 2001